Ho Ho Ho,
I hope everyone is well and has that tingly Christmas feeling.. or is that just the immense coldness I feel when taking instax photos outside till my fingers turn blue?
Now, what I’m going to show you is so simple but sooo effective! It can work perfectly for those special friends and family members you feel deserve an extra special card for Christmas. You could even do this for a birthday, anniversary or maybe just to put a big old smile on someones face!
The biggest problem with getting someone a really nice Christmas card is after a few weeks they most likely will put it in a draw or in the recycling bin. I am going to show how easy it is to make a personal Christmas card with a detachable INSTAX photo so they don’t have to throw away the effort/memory that you have given to them.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- THE MOST IMPORTANT THING – INSTAX photos to do with the person you are making the card for. This can be very easy for the lucky ‘instax share‘ owners as all they need to do is flick through their photos. If you don’t own an instax share then fingers crossed you have or can get a snap of your lucky card receiver.
- A couple different colours of A4 card. This could be freshly purchased from a local stationary shop or it could be eco and a bit different with a piece of up-cycled card (think cereal boxes and takeaway lids.)
- 1 x pen or many pens depending on how creative you want to be for the words inside.. My favourite thing about this idea is if you struggle with what to write in a card, then it doesn’t matter how how much you write as the photo speaks louder than words.
- A pair of scissors and a steady hand!
- Finally, you will need an average sized envelope with the queens stamp if you’re not giving it to the person by hand.
LETS GET MAKING!!!
Step 1: Grab your chosen piece of card and trim it down to whatever size you please. Fold it in half to get the classic card shape.
Step 2: If you want to jazz up your card a little bit take two pieces of different coloured card and cut to size. I’ve done a larger piece of brown card, and a nice little colour splash of red to frame the instax and stuck it down with a glue stick. I’ve also added a little red bow just to make it extra special!
Step 3: Place your photo right in the middle of the front of your card and stick down with just a little bit of glue so the lucky card receiver can remove the photo if they please.
Step 4: If you want to go that extra mile with your greeting card, stick a spare bit of card inside of the card (where you would usually write your heartfelt message) and cut to match the size of the card. Place another instax snap in the centre of the card and make a mark with a pencil on each corner of your lovely snap. Carefully cut each mark with a pair of scissors and insert the corners of your instax inside!
Step 5: Write your message inside the card & hey presto you’ve gone and made yourself an extremely personal Christmas card which they can take the photo out of and keep forever and ever! Now all you have to do is give it to them and see them smile like a Cheshire Cat!
If you make an instax Christmas card please share with us using the #INSTAX1of1 and TAG us up! If we like what we see we will share & repost. Also if you have any questions please do let us know.